Past EventsView list of all past LCSNA meetings or browse events below.
8:00 PM Eastern, 5:00 PM Pacific
Please join the party on Zoom with the following link and passcode:
If you experience any issues with the link, you may log into Zoom using Meeting ID 832 0934 9413 and the same passcode as above.
Zoom Login: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83989211211
2:00 PM Eastern, 11:00 AM Pacific
The theme of our December virtual event is The Best Alice Gift I've Ever Gotten. Sit back and enjoy presentations from several of your fellow LCSNA members as they share the Carrollian items that mean the most to them.Event Details »
Speaker: Charlie Lovett, Editor
Host: Heather Simmons
Login information: Zoom meeting, https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88514983171
3:00pm (EST), USA
The Pamphlets of Lewis Carroll, Volume 6: A Miscellany of Works on Alice, Theater, Religion, Science, and More. Published by the Lewis Carroll Society of North America/University Press of Virginia, 2021Event Details »
The Hatter was the first to break the silence. ‘What day of the month is it?’ he said, turning to Alice: he had taken his watch out of his pocket, and was looking at it uneasily, shaking it every now and then, and holding it to his ear.
Alice considered a little, and then said ‘The fourth.’
‘six days wrong!’ sighed the Arnold Hirshon.
The LCSNA Fall Meeting is this coming Saturday, October 10, 2020, 12:00 – 4:45 PM, EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME, USA.
We are excited about the opportunity to “see” so many of you. The Program is exceptional and our program host is Arnold Hirshon, Vice Provost and University Librarian at Case Western Reserve University and LCSNA Board member.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION STEPS: The registration has been confusing for some. Please follow the instruction below when you register.
- Enter your name and email address, account type (=”guest”), and company/organization (which you can leave blank)
- The system should tell you to check your email for a response code. (It might also refer to you not by your name, but as “Loren” – I have no idea why!)
- Once you enter the code, you are not yet registered
- You next scroll down and find the green “Register” button in the low right corner.
- After you press the “Register” button you will get yet another screen with a green button at the bottom that says “Confirm my Registration”
- Once you confirm the registration you should receive an email with the link to the meeting
Chat and Meeting Links
After you register and several days before the meeting you will receive an email with two links.
- The first link allows you to login an hour before the presentations begin and use the chat feature to commune with other Carrollians.
- At 12 noon Eastern Daylight Time, USA you will need to click the second link to launch and login to the actual meeting to listen to presenters.
During the Presentations
Arnold Hirshon will moderate the meeting and present your questions or comments to each speaker throughout the sessions. Attendees will be placed on mute during the presentations. There will be a 20 minute break in the middle of the meeting to allow for attending to any business or stretching that is needed.
After the Last Presentation
Following the last presentation you may resume your “chat" with other Carrollians by clicking the first link again. This is somewhat of an experiment? experience? with more than 100 people registered!
We can’t wait to “see” you.Event Details »
Interviewee: Edward Guiliano Interviewer: Cindy Watter Login information: Click here for link. or enter: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85811265468Event Details »
The folks at Penn’s Common Press are creating a 2019 LCSNA Keepsake for the Society that you will letterpress print.Event Details »
$30 per person; Limited to 50 people
Eat what you see! So many tea things! There will be more than tea at this celebration of inspiration and creativi-Tea in honor of Mad Hatter Day.
All members are invited, but space is limited. Please contact the Secretary if you plan on attending.Event Details »
Several classes of children from a local school will participate in reading a section of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, led by LCSNA members.Event Details »
General Meeting, Sat, Oct 5: Free
Mad Hatter Day Tea Party, Sun, Oct 6: $30
LCSNA Keepsake Printing @ the Common Press, Sun, Oct 6: Free
The Fall LCSNA 2019 meeting is going to be terrific! April Lynn James is the program chairperson for the meeting at the University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, with member Bob Stek supporting the effort. Mark the dates!
The General Meeting is October 5th and 6th. Confirmed speakers include:
- Charlie Lovett. Author, From Little Ruby to Debbie Allen: Alice on Stage in Philadelphia
- Estelle Markel-Joyet. American Philosophical Society, Dr. Wheeler in Wonderland
- Linda Cassady. LCSNA President, “Would you tell me, please which way I ought to go from here?”
- David McKnight. Director of the Rare Books and Manuscripts Library of the Kislak Center, A Tribute to Charles Santore
- Riley McGuire. English Department, University of Pennsylvania, No Ending Up: Unfinished Vocal Normalization in Lewis Carroll’s Sylvie and Bruno.
- Sibylla Benatova. Kislak Center presenting, Alice Translated: A Wonderland of Bulgarian “Alice” Books
Sunday, October 6, 2019 there will be a Mad Hatter Day Tea Party with food, of course, and sharing information about various Carroll collections.
This tea party will be followed by a visit to Penn’s Common Press to letterpress print a Fall 2019 LCSNA Keepsake, compliments of the folks at the press.Event Details »