General Meeting, Sat, Oct 5: Free
Mad Hatter Day Tea Party, Sun, Oct 6: $30
LCSNA Keepsake Printing @ the Common Press, Sun, Oct 6: Free
The Fall LCSNA 2019 meeting is going to be terrific! April Lynn James is the program chairperson for the meeting at the University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, with member Bob Stek supporting the effort. Mark the dates!
The General Meeting is October 5th and 6th. Confirmed speakers include:
- Charles Santore. Children's books illustrator, including Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and a soon to be released illustrated version of Carroll’s poem, Jabberwocky.
- Charlie Lovett. Alice on the Stage in Philadelphia
- Sibylla Benatova. Kislak Center presenting on Bulgarian editions of Alice
- Estelle Markel-Joyner. American Philosophical Society, John Wheeler in Wonderland.
- Riley McGuire. English Department, University of Pennsylvania, No Ending Up: Unfinished Vocal Normalization in Lewis Carroll’s Sylvie and Bruno.
- Linda Cassady. LCSNA President, M Words
Sunday, October 6, 2019 there will be a Mad Hatter Day Tea Party with food, of course, and sharing information about various Carroll collections.
This tea party will be followed by a visit to Penn’s Common Press to letterpress print a Fall 2019 LCSNA Keepsake, complements of the folks at the press.Event Details »
Several classes of children from a local school will participate in reading a section of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, led by LCSNA members.Event Details »
All members are invited, but space is limited. Please contact the Secretary if you plan on attending.Event Details »
$30 per person; Limited to 50 people
Eat what you see! So many tea things! There will be more than tea at this celebration of inspiration and creativi-Tea in honor of Mad Hatter Day.